LCTF is a statewide organization that partners with organizations across Louisiana to prevent child abuse and neglect. The Trust Fund accepts grant applications annually and selects projects to support in each region of Louisiana within the funding priorities set in the state plan.
The funding priorities are set every five years and encompass regional and statewide goals within five key areas:
- Education and Support for Parents
- Self-help Groups and Neighborhood Support Programs
- Prevention and Life Skills Training Programs for Children and Youth
- Coordination and Continued Education of Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention
- Public Awareness and Education of the Problem
Please explore the website! You will find resources, campaign information, our state plan, a calendar of events and more! You may search our directory of grantees by name or region.
The Louisiana Partnership for Children & Families and Louisiana Children's Trust Fund are going to be visiting all the regions across Louisiana. They will be holding networking meetings with organizations who work with children and families in the next several weeks. The Partnership will bring advocacy information concerning the current legislative session and LCTF will bring information about prevention and protection for children. Information about upcoming events will also be shared. We hope you will join us when we are in your neighborhood! Download and share the flyer.
The 2013 Judge Richard Ware Award was presented at the Annual LCTF Meeting on November 4, 2013 in Port Allen. The award recipient this year is Mark Harris, the Director of the Court Improvement Program for the Louisiana Supreme Court. We are proud to recognize Mark for his dedication and commitment to Louisiana's children and for going above and beyond to protect them. Congratulations Mark!
The Press Release can be viewed or downloaded here.
Registration is NOW OPEN!
SAVE THE DATE!
We are delighted to be working with the National Conference on Child Abuse and Neglect to help with their conference planning. LCTF is helping with the Louisiana Host Committee and is recruiting volunteers! Do you want to help with the event? There are many different tasks that you can do! Click here to find out more. We need people from all walks of life to serve as volunteers at the conference - you do not need to be a professional in the child welfare field! Church groups, students, interns, work buddies - all are encouraged to join us in helping us provide the staffing a national conference requires. Go to www.latwc.com for more information.
The Louisiana Children's Trust Fund will host its Annual Day at the Capitol on May 21, 2014. Louisiana Children's Trust Fund grantees are invited to have an exhibit space with other grantees. We will greet visitors and legislators and help them learn more about the programs that are funded across the state to help prevent child abuse and neglect.
View a video from the 2013 Day at the Capitol
from the Home Town News. Have you met Hayward yet? He's a Courtroom Dog !
2013 Day at the Capitol
Last year at the LCTF Day at the Capitol was the unveiling day for the LCTF Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention Campaign: Look BEFORE You Lock!
Learn more about this program and gain access materials that you can use to help others keep children safe.
Take pictures and send them to us
showing how you use the materials to keep children safe. Did you have an exhibit at a community fair, hand them out at the market, etc.?
for Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention
- Official State Plan Cover
- Board List
- Letter from Malcolm Myer, Board Chair
- Richard Ware Award recipients
- Table of Contents
- LCTF history
- National child abuse and neglect timeline
- Funding charts and graphs
- Timeline of Louisiana's child abuse and neglect prevention efforts
- Definitions of child abuse and neglect
- Risk and Protective Factors
- Protective Factors Survey
- Louisiana Snapshot - data and charts
- Louisiana Regions Map
- Summary of finding by Region and Statewide
- Funding Priorities
- Vision 2020 Statement
- Funding Basics
- Louisiana Children's Trust Fund Act
- Resource Directory
- Research Report: Contemporary Perspectives on the Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect
- Related Websites
- Sources for Statistical Information in the State Plan
- LCTF License Plate flyer